Updated in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), MoodMaster and APT (The Association for Psychological Therapies) has always, and will always respect your personally identifiable data. Data is securely held by MoodMaster and APT (The Association for Psychological Therapies) and is not passed or sold to third parties.
There are six bases for collecting and storing data.
1. Consent – where we might collect and store your data with your permission. If doing this, we will explain clearly why we need the data and what we plan to do with it. You are free to agree or not without any problem. You can withdraw your consent or change your mind at any time – just let us know. You can consent to your data being used for one thing, e.g. registration but not another, e.g. marketing without any impact on the quality of service we provide. For this category (Consent) we need you to actively agree – not simply to not disagree!
2. Contract – this is where we collect data from people who contact us with enquiries or those who are purchasing our services so we can provide the services and products required. Only information that is necessary is collected and it is not kept for any longer than needed.
3. Legal Obligation – we are obliged to keep some information by law, for example financial records. We keep this information securely, in line with legal requirements.
4. Protection – Information that is necessary to protect others. We have little or none of this information and rarely process it. We would ensure such sensitive information is kept securely, shared with those who are entitled to know it, and only those.
5. Public Interest – information that is necessary for tasks related to the public interest. We rarely have information for this reason but would as always process it respectfully and securely.
6. Legitimate Interest – where information is kept in the interests of those controlling the data, yet the rights of the individual whose data it is are also highlighted. For example, we have information regarding licensed tutors who can use our training materials and course resources which are copyrighted. We also have contact information for those in a position to arrange training in areas where our services are relevant (for example ‘training managers’ where we contact whoever holds this role, without having any information on any person). If you believe we have your personal data under this term and you do not think it is appropriate, please get in touch – you have a right to object.
MoodMaster and APT Guiding Principles:
Data we collect:
There are three main reasons we collect information. (As per the GDPR these are specified, clear and legitimate):
1. To organise and deliver our training courses for you – we liaise with sponsors as we organise the course and arrange delivery for the resources and travel for the tutor. We only collect information we need.
2. Registration information for the delegates and sponsor of the course. Following the course, we provide detailed feedback, including that of attendance, to the sponsor. We register all attendees to provide certificates of attendance and MoodMaster/APT accreditation. Personal information, including date of birth is kept as a constant unique identifier for the individual. We keep this data indefinitely and enable delegates at any time to check their attendance, which has proved useful for those maintaining their CPD and training logs. Any individual who does not want this information stored has a right to contact us and ask us to ‘forget them’.
3. Marketing Information. Our courses provide some of the very best training in mental health related areas. We believe it is of interest to those in a position to arrange training for others, for example training managers and team leaders in the mental health services, social services and other specific organisations. We have a carefully curated database of those people who have requested information, those who have attended or bought a course before and those who may be interested due to their position or recommendation from a colleague. We update this database regularly and remove those for whom our services are no longer relevant or who request for us to do so.
When collecting data we explain clearly what it will be used for. Delegates registering on a course are not added to the marketing database without their permission.
All personally identifiable data is kept securely on encrypted hard drives with appropriate software protecting our computer systems.
Companies that process information for us, for example, printers, have agreed to keep to our requirements regarding respect for personal information and ethical practice, along with a legal obligation for the GDPR.
If you believe we have data about you as an individual that we are not entitled to have, do contact us if you wish to do so. We are keen for everyone to be relaxed that their data is being handled not only according to legal guidelines and entitlements, but also that it is being respected ‘as though it were our own’.
APT's data protection registration number is Z9937709.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
The only third-party cookies we use are those provided by Zopim (chat facility), Google AdWords, and Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps us to understand how visitors engage with our website.
Google Analytics cookies do not collect any personal information about you, but you can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Cookie: Google Analytics
Default expiration time: 2 years from set/update. More information is available at: Google Analytics privacy.
Cookie: Google Analytics
Default expiration time: 30 minutes from set/update. More information is available at: Google Analytics privacy.
Cookie: Google Analytics
Purpose: Used to ensure interoperability with libraries used by our website to record data. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
Default expiration time: End of browser session. More information is available at: Google Analytics privacy.
Cookie: Google Analytics
Default expiration time: 6 months from set/update. More information is available at: Google Analytics privacy.
Cookies: Google Analytics and AdWords
Name: NID, _gid, _ga
Purpose: Used to distinguish users.
Default expiration time: NID (6 Months), _gid (24 hours), _ga (2 years)
Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_.
Default expiration time: 1 minute
Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.
Name: __zlcmid, __zprivacy
We use Zopim to provide live customer service chat on our Site. Zopim requires two cookies: the first cookie stores Zopim Live Chat ID to identify the device during visits. The second stores user’s preference to disable Live Chat. Please visit Zopim for details.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
"This group is amazing; I have benefitted from it so much. It has helped me cope with my mental health problems, and everything I have learned will continue to help me for the rest of my life. I would recommend this course to anyone with mental health problems and even people just generally having difficulty day-to-day. Thank you."view more